The identity of the terroir is characterized by:
- The topography and water-bearing resources.
- The biological and mineral nature of soils and subsoils.
- The climate and its predominant factors.
- The fauna and flora living on it.
- The grapegrower who develops it.
It can also be distinguished by its fertility, of particular significance with regard to the originality of farm output, or of how the physical, chemical and biological components of soil perform. Taken as a whole, they define the worth or the “uniqueness of the terroir”.
The innovation of the Agricultural-Environmental Méthode Cousinié® can be seen in the application of the principle of plant auto-resistance based on customized nutrition. Vineyard experiences, as well as other perennial crops, have shown the positive effects of a balanced and non-polluting nutrition that can easily be assimilated. This nutritional balance leads to a cumulative resistance to pathogenic agents and climate stress, in addition to endemic diseases.
New nutritional principles are proposed so as to enhance, increase and better manage your agricultural potential. Therefore Jean-Pierre Cousinié has prepared a specific line of COUSIFERTYL® Soil Concepts, for a controlled fertilizer output with strict application of current NFU Standards.
A widespread knowledge of the soil and subsoil, as well as biological activities in order to gain:
- a better understanding of biomineral exchanges,
- a better absorption of nutritional components,
- a better auto-resistance of the plant.
Following surface examination, carried out upstream to survey the vineyard (geological and mineral disparities, planting varieties, surface and subterranean hydrology, relief), comes a rigorous, unvarying and wide-reaching set of guidelines for sampling and analyses.
- Status of sampling areas: planning
- Determination of the number of pits to be dug for our observations,
- Removal of earth samples, 0 to 30 cm, for soil, 30 to 80 cm for subsoil,
- Identification and marking,
- Rooting, density and depth
- Analyses performed by specialized laboratories, certified by the Ministry of Agriculture (AFNOR Standard), and Méthode Cousinié® references.
In the laboratory:
- Soil and subsoil acidity (pH)
- Microbial biomass: indicates the degree of soil fertility
- Biological activity index: shows the degree of microflora quality
- Physical characterization of organic matter
- Dynamics of organic matter
- Sieve oversize
- Chemical evaluation with oligo-element
- Salinity control
- C:N ratio
Analyses of results.
Crosschecking with data from the Méthode Cousinié Reference System.
Summary with status assessment.
Results of analyses are interpreted in accordance with our Méthode Cousinié® Reference System.
The choice of a suitable fertilizing formula, Cousifertyl®, is facilitated by our storehouse of experiences and procedures dating back more than thirty years. It is indispensable for a balanced growing plan.
The nature and origin of essentially natural, organic and mineral components are methodically analyzed, referenced and selected. Based on composting, we use manure from pasturing sheep in the grasslands of the Black Mountain (in southern France). Composting: Raw materials, after their suitability has been confirmed by the laboratory, are mixed and stored in keeping with their use in the manufacturing processes. Regular blending during their six-month fermentation ensures the development of microbiological processes incorporated into the refining and maturing of the organic bases, whereby ligno-cellulose substances are transformed into humus precursors.
The most profitable step is certainly the adaptation of the concept to the land plot, using an amalgamated formulation comprising the amendment linked to the organic or organo-mineral fertilizer, and if necessary, an oligo-element complex.
The benefit to the grapegrower or arboriculturist is undeniable. A single pass rather than two, or even three passes. The gain in soil subsidence, energy savings and application cost is considerable.
The pulverulent composition of our fertilizers makes it possible to maintain biological activity intact. It enhances an improved integration into the soil, with a cumulative availability for microorganisms. Water quality at depths is preserved.
The advantages of the Méthode Cousinié nutrients:
Ease of manufacturing for formulas tailored to your needs.
- Some formulas can be used in biological farming, in accordance with EEC Regulation no. 2092/91 as amended.
- Major base formulas (table attached).
- Nutritive components that can be fully assimilated.
- Compliance with 14001 environmental standards.
- Compliance with NFU 44 051 and NFU 42-001 fertilization standards.
- No pollution of water tables.
Amendments and fertilizers are available in 2 practical and adjustable forms:
- la référence parcelle par couleur différenciée
- la formule de l’engrais
- le rappel des Normes.
- land-plot reference, distinguished by color
- fertilizer formula
- reference to Standards
Our Cousifertyl® fertilizers are increasingly gaining interest in a large number of vineyards in France and abroad. We export our fertilizers solely to countries on the French border.
Planning your on-site manufacturing units is conceivable. We have already taken steps in South America aimed at preparing a global strategy for soil fertilizers. Following cutting-edge biological and biochemical studies for the countries involved, we select approved raw materials based on our know-how, and we prepare analytical guidelines and recommendations.
Adaptation to a country’s standards is taken into account while our amendments and their applications are undergoing preparation.
|Product||Function||Period of application|
|Belumus||Fertilizing organic||Preferably in the period between after harvest and the start in vegetation |
Activert - sol N° 1
Activert - sol N° 2
|Complex of trace element||In manuring on the ground during the period of vegetative rest or for the plants with evergreen during winter.|
|Special plantation||In preparation of the ground before planting|
Formule : 10.5.5 +3CaO + 2MgO
|Growth||In manuring targeted around vine stock preferably in spring or autumn..|
Engrais formule type 4.8.12 + 2 MgO
Plus de 100 formules étudiées
|Fertilisatization of maintenance||Preferably in the period between after harvest and the start in vegetation.|