Soil and subsoil analyses
Following surface examination, carried out upstream to survey the vineyard (geological and mineral disparities, planting varieties, surface and subterranean hydrology, relief), comes a rigorous, unvarying and wide-reaching set of guidelines for sampling and analyses.
- Status of sampling areas: planning
- Determination of the number of pits to be dug for our observations,
- Removal of earth samples, 0 to 30 cm, for soil, 30 to 80 cm for subsoil,
- Identification and marking,
- Rooting, density and depth,
- Analyses performed by specialized laboratories, certified by the Ministry of Agriculture (AFNOR Standard), and Méthode Cousinié references.
In the laboratory:
- Granulometry: structure, constituents, homogeneity, observations regarding three defined granulometric compartments,
- Soil and subsoil acidity (pH)
- Microbial biomass: indicates the degree of soil fertility,
- Biological activity index: shows the degree of microflora quality,
- Physical characterization of organic matte,
- Dynamics of organic matter,
- Sieve oversize,
- Chemical evaluation with oligo-element,
- Salinity control,
- C:N ratio.
Analyses of results.
Crosschecking with data from the Méthode Cousinié Reference System.
Summary with status assessment.